I put in a conservative claim estimate when my AC unit and well pump were hit by lightning.Erie sent an HVAC investagator (bonafied tech) who after photographing the burn damage and burnt controls reported back to Erie that the damage was normal wear and tear.
He stated a small tree i had next to the unit would have prevented a direct strike. What an ***!! I am a 32 year HVAC vet and watched this young snotnose fluff his way around my equipment going thru the motions that were evidence Erie already did not want to pay out on my claim. I called up after reviewing the techs report and screamed at the *** adjuster and threatened Erie with slander for insinuating the damage was deliberate.
I demanded my due as per my policy and had no claims for 15 years. Be careful insured ones and hire a private company to estimate your damages before Eries adjuster or tech arrives to have ammo against the "yes men". I am still waiting to hear from the adjuster who still hasnt assigned a claim number.i am confident and prepared to sue Erie and investigating company for discrimination and pain and suffering. Dint ket these billion dollar theives get away with denying your claim or cutting you short.
Ask for a second evaluation.Good Luck
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Conservative Estimate
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "One of Farm Bureau insurance companies insurers had a tree limb fall on my car...Almost $7500 damage. Don't let those heart warming commercials you see they put on TV fool..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "My F-150, just having completed a left turn, was proceeding along the left lane of 3 lanes when it was struck by a car coming out from the right. ..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."