I’ve only been an Erie customer for less than 5 months and couldn’t be happier I’ve decided to end my relationship with your company.

Last month I called prior to the due date and paid my policy in full for the month of May, only for the “automatic payment system” to still attempt to charge me an additional $223.50.

Now my account is in the negative due to this pending payment, my own banks overdraft fees, daily negative balance fees…and the additional $25.00 insufficient funds charged by Erie (for a policy that at this point has been paid on time and in good standing).

After attempting to get this matter reconciled and meeting some of the most disgusting customer service I’ve ever experienced, it instantly made me question why I was making the conscious decision to pay over $200.00 a month for such lackluster, careless, flippant service. (Every time I called to express my dismay, I was quickly reminded how me paying my policy early with a different account was my fault.)

So I immediately decided to take my business for car insurance elsewhere. After canceling my policy on the 15th of June, I was mortified to discover ANOTHER charge from Erie on 6/18 for $273.50 (Now an additional $25 charge for insufficient funds). I find it ironic how if I were in a car accident on the 18th, Erie would have no dealings with me since my policy was in fact cancelled on the 15th, yet you are still able (and persistent) on charging moneys that 1) don’t belong to you, and 2) are not owed to you.

I have never been so disheartened and disgusted to the point of having to voice my displeasure in such a way.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments