Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

2018 F1 tornado hits Grove City 1-1/2 miles away as the crow flies from my house. My neighbor hood was spared the direct hit but sustained high straight line winds and wind-driven quarter size hail.

My roof shingles and aluminum siding took a beating and should be replaced according to commercial inspection. Erie’s adjuster, Robert Thompson, found zero hail hits on the roof and alluded the siding had only mechanical damage. I complained about his findings and his attitude which seemed like he was dead set on denying the claim from the time we met on the property. I complained and asked that another adjuster be sent out.

Instead ERIE hired Nedveld Engineering to come and inspect the the House. I accompanied the Nedveld inspector who let me observe over his shoulder. During his inspection his very bright lighting showed that the side of my house was literally “peppered” with hail dings. He also counted 52+ hail dings per 10’ x 10’ measured area.

I assumed ERIE would now cover the damage since their inspector had been thoroughly repudiated. But it appears they are set to deny the claim again!! Citing “oxidation/older damage. Mind you that I lived here since 1999 and replaced the roof in 2004-2005.

Mind you that Erie has insured me the entire time and there have been no hail storms in my area in that time. Mind you that homes up and down my street were also hail damaged and the homes immediately to either side of me have both had their roofs and siding replaced already due to their damage. Their insurers came through! Oh yeah, I spoke to the Erie adjuster two weeks ago and asked for two things; 1.

his hard copy claims report and that of the engineering firm, and 2. the name and phone number of his immediate supervisor for complaint purposes. As of yesterday my request was two weeks ago. As of today I have not received anything in writing from Erie.

These folds are a fraud.

I plan on contacting the Ohio Department of Insurance and the Attorney General’s Office. Steve in Grove City, Ohio

Comments